• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C4D Lite crashing AE 2022

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, C4D Lite is crashing every time I try to open it from AE 2022.  I've tried re-installing with keeping my previous support files from 2018 and after that didn't work, I re-installed without copying over the previous files.  That didn't work, either.  I just keep getting a crash report.

I still have AE 2018 and I'm able to get into C4D just fine.  When I looked at the program files for the 2022 version, there is no CINEMA 4D Lite.exe file like there is in 2018.  That's why I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times.  

The Adobe C4D help section (https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html) says there should be a way to install or uninstall C4D via the “Maxon Cinema 4D R24” folder but there is no such folder.  There is only the main "Cineware by Maxon" folder.  As I mentioned above, there seems to be files missing.  The 2022 Support folder within Maxon only has two items, default.c4d and a res folder, whereas the 2018 folder has 4 items including a lite folder that has the actual c4d program file.  

I'd appreciate any assistance with this, please.  My system info is as follows:

Windows 10 Enterprise; Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz (2 processors)

Thank you,

Neal

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

This worked, thank you!  I had to remove all Maxon C4D install files (Program/Maxon), and even the AE 2018 Maxon folder (Program/Adobe/AE/Support/Plug-ins/Cineware by Maxon) files, and uninstall AE2022.  Then I installed R25 via the Maxon site, and finally re-installed AE 2022 to make it work.  Took a few tries to get it right combination, but it did the trick.   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Yes, I was registered, but I had forgotten all about going to Maxon directly, so thank you for chiming in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you log-in Maxon web and install Cinema 4D via the web site?

https://id.maxon.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you!  I had to remove all Maxon C4D install files (Program/Maxon), and even the AE 2018 Maxon folder (Program/Adobe/AE/Support/Plug-ins/Cineware by Maxon) files, and uninstall AE2022.  Then I installed R25 via the Maxon site, and finally re-installed AE 2022 to make it work.  Took a few tries to get it right combination, but it did the trick.   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I was registered, but I had forgotten all about going to Maxon directly, so thank you for chiming in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines