• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache issue - Causes drive to be unrecognised by system

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using AE 18.2.1 on Windows 10 with a dedicated fast NVME drive as the disk cache. Every now and then AE will crash, no warnings (besides maybe a slight lag), no post crash 'would you like to submit this...', it's just gone and I'm back staring at my desktop. When re-opening the crashed project there are all sorts of warnings about caches missing etc. Then if I go to the disk management in Windows and click refresh the dedicated hd for the cache comes up as unformatted. The only way to resolve is to restart the pc.

Anyone else come across this and know what it might be. Thought it might be a faulty drive so swapped it out and all seemed well for a week or so, but that clearly wasn't it.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without actual crash info nobody can tell you much, but if it gets disabled at such a low level the clear answer has to be that this is a driver issue or even something as deep as your BIOS/ EFI. If the drives come with a special storage driver, by all means do install it instead of relying on the generic drivers Windows usually installs. Also dig into your BIOS for all this PCI Burst mode stuff and whatever may be relevant. potential issues would already manifest themselves there by missing device IDs and such. finally, since this could simply be PCI overload/ bus collisions e.g. when your GPU or other demanding devices  are on the same lane, consider plugging the drive into a different port if you have more than one.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines