• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera does not zoom / dolly straight

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera zoom tool used to take you forwards and backwards in the exact direction the camera was facing... the updated camera tool does not do this [video attached]... the point centred in the crosshairs used to be the direction the camera zoom would move, now it skews seemingly randomly, perhaps r

I'd be extremely grateful if somebody can show me how to fix this as it's incredibly inconvenient

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ntimes9,

Thanks for reaching out.

It seems to be working as it used to at my end. Could you switch to 2 views (one from Active Camera and the other from Top) and share a screen recording that shows the behaviour?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here you go, sir. there's a little white cross which seems to indicate the direction of the zoom, though it seems to choose its position at random, at the start of the zoom and also changes position during the zoom?

If I click and drag right over the central crosshair of the shot it will follow that path for a moment then skew off the further I drag

thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a one node camera and it is not pointed directly at the layer. Get the camera pointed the right way and try the tool again. Better yet, change the camera to a 2 node camera so you can easily control where it is pointed. I don't see any bug. Everything looks perfectly normal and expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Any ideas anyone? Sure you can work around by setting up a two-node rig, or just using the perameters in the layer panel, but what's the point of this tool if it doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I did find something that gives similar functionality to the simple in-out movement from before. I had to mess around with the settings of the camera tool, so that the dolly mode is set to "Dolly to Cursor", aka the middle option with a dot between the two arrows, and the Axis Mode set to local. Not sure why I had to mess with the axis mode to get this to work, something to do with the local axis of the camera itself, I guesse. It's still frustrating, I wonder if anyone in the entire world has found the new controls for single-node cameras useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines