• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I edit text of imported AE video?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a video sent to me that was created using After Effects. I need to edit the text in the video is it possible to do that if I am importing that video in? How do I import in a way that I can edit? Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video is just pixels, not editable data. you need to request the actual AE project to edit it in AE - without completely re-creating the entire project, that is.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that straightforward for someone to send the actual project vs the video? We have a language barrier so I wanted to just try to make the edit myself but not sure if it's doable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know, we can't know. It's as simple as that. The text could of course be created in a million ways or buried deeply inside pre-comps inside pre-comps and fancied up with effects just as it could ba a simple text layer in the top level comp. I guess you'll have to get a hold of the project first and then come back with more specific questions when you know what's actually going on...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question was re: getting the project file as opposed to the video file, not about the text details bc I can figure that out and do know what is going on with that part. Thank you for your attempt at answering though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines