• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I resume rendering after PC restart (shut off/on) by doing the following:

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1-Pausing the rendering task and renaming its cash folder (containing all AECACHE FILEs of the queue)

2-Saving batch.xml and Watch Folder Info.xml.

3-PC restart.

4-Renaming the cash folder with its previous name and putting batch.xml and Watch Folder Info.xml in their locations if they are missing or are different.

5-Starting the Adobe Media Encoder.

Now, I should see in the window of the queue my paused task from before shutting off the PC.

Will that work?🤔 I've got 120 hours to encode.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's possible, the best way to continue your render is by rendering image sequences, or try to use hibernate option instead of shutdown 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will never work and is just a terrible idea. As already mentioned, render to image sequences and compile them into a video file in a second render pass, which should take a fraction of the time.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it didn't work. I think the better way to do this is collecting *.m4v from the tasks and then bound then with transitions in new project. After each pc restart I simply have to begin the encoding from later time in the AAE project.😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines