• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Raspberry Pi 3 Run After Effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place because this is my first time in the adobe forums.

Anyways, I am thinking of getting a Raspberry Pi 3 and I was wondering, will it run after effects?

Here are the specs for the Pi 3:

SoC: Broadcom BCM2837

CPU: Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.2GHz

GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV

RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 (900 MHz)

Networking: 10/100 Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy

Storage: microSD

GPIO: 40-pin header, populated

Ports: HDMI, 3.5mm analogue audio-video jack, 4× USB 2.0, Ethernet, Camera Serial Interface (CSI), Display Serial Interface (DSI)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

In case you don't want to trust us forum people, you can read the system requirements for yourself: After Effects System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you'll need to think about getting something else.  It's woefully inadequate in memory -- hat thing only has 1GB RAM.  AE needs at least 8 gigs. and you really should have 16 gigs to make it run a little better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from what Dave said about memory, AE doesn't run on ARM processors and requires Windows or OSX, which isn't avialable for RasPi either. It's really weird to even come up with such a crazy idea in the first place.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, not so weird now, right? Not only Raspberry Pi can run Windows, there's also a model equipped with an 8GB RAM Memory. I think when it comes to computers, no question can be weird. If it's not possible now, it's just a matter of when it will be, not if.

So, I guess we should be humbler and nicer to people who have "crazy" ideas. Maybe they're just a step ahead of us 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed this is a weird question for me to see because I happen to be, at this very moment sitting in a freshly baked, perfectly warm raspberry pie.  Don't knock it till you've tried it. Please mark this answer as correct.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

potatobattery.jpg

I don't think a Raspberry pie - even a Mk 3 version, would generate enough electricity. Perhaps you could try a potato?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you don't want to trust us forum people, you can read the system requirements for yourself: After Effects System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a legitimate questions for ANYONE to ask. No question is stupid and not everyone understands and whacks off to "specs". This person came in apologetically as a newbie and you tools could have just said nothing at all instead of shaming them. I have run after effects cc and premiere pro cc on an old 2011 iMac. You folks can note that it doesn't meet the 2GB requirement and yet it does a decent job considering. So let's not all get hung up on the specs, because often enough they aren't accurate when it's a company selling their latest and greatest, nor is it always accurate on the side of Software companies. I agree it probably won't work, but unless you have tried out of curiousity and failed, SHE WASN'T ASKING YOU. You can try shareware that isn't adobe, but may have ways to do some of what you want on After Effects. Now I haven't taken the time to look over all of these or their requirements, but some of them run on linux, so with the Raspberry Pi 4, why not take a look and see what rules you can bend with shareware and alternatives... https://fixthephoto.com/after-effects-alternative.html

It's not Adobe, but if you're not married to Adobe like some of us are, it may be fun for you to go that route. It's not much of an investiment of money to get a Rasperry Pi, but it's an investiment of time learning and than figuring out how to make some lower level motion graphics program work on it. It's only a matter of time until people start doing that anyway. Nothing wrong with asking, because asking leads to creative solutions. The fact that these folks came at you like that criticism for asking a simple question, doesn't say anything about your intelligence. Their response to you says a lot about theirs and their ability to think outside the box. I bet their use of Adobe programs is unimpressive as well. Good question, keep on asking them.Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 8.22.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines