• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't allocate disk cache to external hard drive

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm using AE on a macbook, and want to speed it up by allocating my disk cache to a separate hard drive, i get an error message (imgs attached) when i try this, any help much appreicated. Also if anyone can reccommend the optimal settings to help AE run smoothly on a macbook in general, that'd be great

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Ae version? Thanks.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joost, thanks for reply

MacOS Monterey 12.2.1

8gb RAM

GPU - Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Latest AE version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having said that. Make sure that your external drive is Mac-formatted (HFS+) for optimal performance on a macOS and don't use dots or "odd" charaters in the folder name, like !@#$%^&*()[]{} :"|;'\,./<-=>? etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you set your Disc Cache folder to Time Machine backup ".inprogress" file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines