Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create compositions and footage all black

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't create any compositions, because when I want to do that the window flickers for a split seconds and nothing happens. Also I can only see full black when I double click on any footage to watch it. I have a strong feeling that something with a .net framework, C++ Redistributable or something in this direction has been messed up, because I installed DaVinci on this machine, which installed MS components along with the software. I can't get AE to work again, even with changing and reinstalling the runtimes and AE in several versions.

Does anyone else have/had this problem and can someone point me to a required .net version/runtimes (or whatever makes it work)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Running AE on Win10, AMD Ryzen  9

MS Visual C++ 2008

MS Visual C++ 2010
(twice for whatever reason 😕 )

MS Visual C++ 2012
(twice for whatever reason 😕 )

MS Visual C++ 2013
(again)

MS Visual C++ 2015-19
x64

Nvidia Driver 471.41

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some will feel this advice is too extreme, but personally I'd just do a clean installation of your whole system.  You could easily waste many hours or days trying to nail down the issue.  2-3 hours to do a clean install isn't that hard a pill to swallow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the fast reply Andrew and good advice! A clean install often solves a lot of issues. In this case I wouldn't do it, because for one thing I have a lot of software installed on this machine that I'd need to reinstall incl. all the custom scripts etc. (maya, max, c4d, photoshop, ae, davinci, fusion,...). And since the error appeared after installing the latest DaVinci version incl. C++ runtimes I am afraid the same issue will re-appear when I'm doing that. And I'd like to get to the bottom of why AE doesn't execute specific commands anymore and how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines