• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Create New Shapes. Can't move old shapes. Delete layers and shapes are still there.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I'm at my wits end. All of a sudden I can't use the rectangle tool to create a new shape. When i do, all i see is a blue outline. Also, I can't move any of my shapes. When i do, all I move is a blue outline in the shape of the object i'm trying to move. Even when i delete all my layers, the objects are still there and I can't even click on them. This persists even when I start a new project. Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still happening.

Any idea what's going on?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Start by cleaning out your caches and check your hardware acceleration settings. Also of course reboot your system and relaunch AE. Furthermore you may also have to delete the preferences to reset potentially botched settings. Anything more than that will require system info, screenshots, details about the relevant settings and so on.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by cleaning out your caches and check your hardware acceleration settings. Also of course reboot your system and relaunch AE. Furthermore you may also have to delete the preferences to reset potentially botched settings. Anything more than that will require system info, screenshots, details about the relevant settings and so on.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It randomly fixed itself awhile after trying a bunch of the above? So i think it worked? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines