• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete text while typing

New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very unusual issue that I assume I accidentally triggered but can't seem to find out how to fix it. My delete key is still defaulted as the hotkey for 'clear' or 'delete' and it works for everything but it does not let me delete text while I'm typing with the text tool. I can delete text layers, and selected text boxes, but while typing something out, it will not let me delete anything. Is this some weird setting I hit or a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joshr59936853,

Could you please let us know the exact version of After Effects you're using? I can confirm that deleting letters while typing with the delete key works as expected. You might want to try resetting the preferences of After Effects to see if that resolves the issue.

Please keep us updated on the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same issue. Did you resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines