• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Find Projects

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, i opened After Effects and usually my projects would appear and i would select and work. I'm not sure if this has to do with the new update, but when i load After Effects, i don't see any of my projects, and i can't find them when i go to load recent projects. Can somebody help? Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

If you remember at least what the project is called, if you are on Mac search for it with Spotlight by pressing Cmd + Spacebar, or if you are on Windows with its default search engine. Once you find it, you open it and put "Save as..." and put it in a location that you know on your storage disk. In this world of post-production, the first thing we learn is that order can save you wasted hours and in some cases even dismissal if you are in a dependent job, so if you want my suggestion, you should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if you open it directly from Windows Explorer or Finder, do they remain on the start screen or not? Surely you have your projects saved in a location on your hard drive, open them directly from there and tell us if they are remaining in the history of the home screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't save on my hard drive, i just hit save. I see previous projects but they are older ones from months ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you remember at least what the project is called, if you are on Mac search for it with Spotlight by pressing Cmd + Spacebar, or if you are on Windows with its default search engine. Once you find it, you open it and put "Save as..." and put it in a location that you know on your storage disk. In this world of post-production, the first thing we learn is that order can save you wasted hours and in some cases even dismissal if you are in a dependent job, so if you want my suggestion, you should start keeping your projects in order with recognizable names in folders, their linked files in the same location if possible, etc.

Regards! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines