• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t import files as composition in After Effects

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me. Since this week I can't import any photoshop file (with multiple layers) as a composition in After Effects. I've never had any problems with this until this week. 

I've even tried photoshop files, with just blank layers (no shadow effects or something, because I read that might be a problem), and AE still freezes over this. Importing them as a footage file, is no problem at all.
I re-installed AE, removed the preferred settings....but the problem is persistent. And I really need help with this because I need to animate some logos for my work asap.  

I don't think the problem is my laptop - because I have no problems opening my bigger AE projects and working in them. Just importing as a composition makes the program crash.

(and yeah I know I can cheat by uploading the files in premiere and then going into a AE project, but that is such a side road and I would like to work more productive).

My laptop specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 
RAM 16GB
64 bits

afbeelding_2022-09-08_124618319.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MB Presents,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Please try updating After Effects to the latest if it's not already and see if that fixes the issue.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines