• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Preset animation through Adobe bridge.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to import an animation preset through Adobe Bridge by navigating to AE2023 → Animation → Browse Presets → Adobe Bridge 2023. However, when I attempted to import a specific animation by double-clicking on it, an error occurred:

After Effects error: Can't import file "3D...ffx": Unsupported file type or extension.

This issue seems to be affecting all animation presets that I have attempted to import. What should I do to resolve this problem?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Selecting a Layer in After Effects, then using the Animation Menu to Browse to an animation preset, then applying that preset to the selected layer in AE has been broken for a very long time. The only thing that the Browse Presets menu is good for is to show a kinda/sorta preview of what the preset actually does. Any Presets you create or buy will not have a preview because the ability to create a preview in Bridge has been broken since about 1998, and I don't think it will get fixed. 

To appl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Selecting a Layer in After Effects, then using the Animation Menu to Browse to an animation preset, then applying that preset to the selected layer in AE has been broken for a very long time. The only thing that the Browse Presets menu is good for is to show a kinda/sorta preview of what the preset actually does. Any Presets you create or buy will not have a preview because the ability to create a preview in Bridge has been broken since about 1998, and I don't think it will get fixed. 

To apply an animation preset, you need to use the Effects and Presets Panel or browse to a preset using the Animation/Apply Animation Preset menu and look for one in a folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines