Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open AE: "Error Loading Sapphire Bundle"

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

So eaerlier this evening I downloaded Sapphire plugin for AE; I was having some issues with it and a friend suggested just redownloading it, so for some silly reason I just decided to delete all of the Sapphire files (plugins, etc) off my laptop.

However, since I did that, every time I've tried to open AE an error message appears saying: "Can't find Sapphire bundle in /Applications/BorisFX/Saphire 2022 Adobe/config/sapphire-ae64.bundle: file does not exist. Please reinstall Sapphire Plug-ins to fix this problem."

I feel like I've tried everything: I've cleared ALL Sapphire plugin folders, I've reinstalled AE several times, I've reinstalled the sapphire plugins (and yet again deleted them) and literally nothing has worked. As far as I can see, there are absolutely no remaining Sapphire or BorisFX files or folders. I've tried clearing/resetting AE preferences. Nothing's been working, and I know people have had this issue before as I've googled it and tried every possible suggestion/fix, yet nothing has worked. It's gotten to the point where I think I may have to factory reset my laptop and ENTIRELY clear my disc just to be able to ever use AE again, which I don't want to do, because that may not even end up working.

If anyone has a solution for this, or even just any ideas of what I could do, please let me know.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a permissions issue or your file system retaining an invisible version. I'm not much of a Mac guy, but making liberal use of the File info panel and your Disk Utility surely might reveal something. I'm pretty certain it's something silly that prevents this...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Mediacore folder and see if you still have Sapphire plugins installed

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don't see a "Plug-ins" folder in Common?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you download the version from Boris FX web site? It works as a demo mode if the serial number is not entered.

https://borisfx.com/legacy-downloads/?&product=Sapphire&host=Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines