Exit

Can't open After Effects 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have this issue with After Effects 2022 :

at the end of loading After, the message below appear : "After effects can't continue"

(although After Effects 2021 is ok)

My computer :

iMac 27"  end 2012 - Intel core i5 - 32Go RAM - Nvidia Geforce 660 M 512 Mo - OS Catalina

I execute DiskUtility, desinstall-Reinstall After Effects, Desinstall-Reinstall Adobe CC,…

Anyone can help, please ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try going into AE 2021 and cleaning media and disk cache. By going to the top of the interface/after effects/Media and disk cache and choose the options for that.

Then close 2021 and re-set preferences. Hold down shift/command/option while double clicking on the app icon. Continue to hold the keys and answer yes to any changes.

Sorry that you're going through this and I hope that my suggestions help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made all of this, but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola lo que pasa es que cada version de software necesita mas rendimiento de maquina en tu caso con OS Catalina, esta a limite. y tu maquina es bastante antigua. Es muy probable que si instalas una version mas moderna de OSX te deje trabajar, aunque no te lo recomiendo poruqe tu imac se pondra mas lenta.
Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try downloading the actual "Creative Cloud Desktop" and open everything from there. Sounds silly, but i'm on PC and was having the same issue and this seemed to fix it. Wish you the best of luck. I'm am extremely new to this editing thing, and am looking forward to learning. I am a small time streamer on Twitch and am looking to edit small clips and utilize other media outlets such as YouTube, TikTok etc. to grow my audience. Much love and respect to everyone on here, and I look forward to creating and expressing with all of you amazing people. God Bless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines