• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Cinema 4d lite because of "Maxon License Manager" in AE v 17

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started working with AfterEffects & interested in working in C4D Lite. When I open a Cinema 4D file, or use FILE > NEW > MAXON CINEMA 4D FILE, the Cinema 4d Launcher window appears. After a moment, a popup from Maxon requires me to register an account on their website. I made sure that I registered on their website with the same login as my Adobe CC account. However, no c4d files can be opened, it asks me to activate a Cinema 4D trial instead of reflecting some kind of Lite license. 

I'm not finding much information online about this license manager at all. In all the tutorials that I see, there is absolutely no mention of this License registration or MAXON account requirement - they all seem to just open straight into the 3d editor. 

Is Cinema 4D Lite no longer included with After Effects in v17? 

3HHZ6rI

EDIT: I restarted the app again, and now when I open a Cinema 4D Lite app, this very confusing screen blocks me from doing anything:

yr6Zz2L

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Hey David,

I believe I have the solution for you. You don't have to do that "Setup License Server" part. This is from Maxon themselves:

"To fix this issue all you have to do is delete the C4D preferences to restore the defaults. Here's how to do that:

Open a Finder window and head to ~/Library/Preferences/MAXON via Finder's Go > Go to Folder command. Next, quit out of Cinema 4D from the Force Quit menu (this is a very important step as this process will not work if the application is running). On

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something that will be fixed? I wanted to include a lesson on integrating 3D and After Effects in the class I teach but had to nix it. Doing this work-around is too much to ask of students working remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a good question. After doing it this once, I never had to mess with it again. I still get notifications about people posting to this conversation. So my guess is it's still a problem for some users, unfortunately.

I think it might be worth creating a Uservoice request for this. Here is how you communicate to the product team: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

If you create a post, could you share the link back onto this thread so that we can rally together and vote for it? If I remember, maybe I'll do it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Withered_bonnievr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had the same problem im glad i found this treat... when i started c4d from the start menu (win) it showed no LITE licence...

AFTER i closed all maxon aplications, i went inside after effectss NEW - MAXON C4D file.... then the maxon licence manager poped up again and finally the LITE licene was there and i could activate it :D... then c4d started normally... 
now i can also start it from outisde of aftereffects.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me so long to find the answer.  I tried to open After Effects and C4D many times but still don't see LITE license active button. But... after read more answers carefully and seriously, it's finally worked. 

I use Window 11. I clicked on search bar and type Maxon. Then it appears > right click " open file location" > doubled click " Maxon cinema 4d" > Cinema 4d will pop up and I saw the active for LITE license button. 🥳 Click active >  click OK ( a small text in the corner bottom)

Hope it helps❤️.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why does Adobe install applications without asking the user if they want to install them? Today I see this application and I thought that I had already been hacked or I had gotten a virus. Worse if the application does not work and requests a license to work. What is this... shareware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines