• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't re-write over an existing file.

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ten years ago when I tried to re-write a file over an existing file, it gave me an error and would not do it. Ten years later it STILL won't do it.  How can this be? How can Adobe be sooo lazy?

To be more specific...I rendered a file called "end credits" to the desktop. Few minutes later I had to make a change...I rendered a file with the same name; it asked me if I wanted to write over it, I said yes, but it would not!  Really?  I can easily re-write over a file in Resolve.  Why not in Adobe? Because Adobe doesn't make basic improvements, it just keeps adding bloot with things we don't need. Please...get the basics right. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the new Mac Studio "ultra" computer, 20 cores, 128 gigs of Ram, and the latest operating system.  - latest version of After Effects and its a monthly substription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have an issue that didn't exist for all users that mean you have something wrong to be not able to re-write over an existing file mostly it's an OS issue, so double check if you have any permission for your file also check if you give the adobe software full access to your HD from the security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your rendered file exists anywhere in the comp you are trying to render, or it is active in another program like Premiere Pro, you cannot overwrite it. I render different versions of a project all the time from different versions of the AEP file because I have had many clients want to roll back a couple of versions over the years. I also render and replace files all the time. I've never seen the process fail unless the file is in use somewhere in the project. BTW, resolve has the same limitations. If your rendered file is anywhere in the project it cannot be overwritten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That could be the issue, I'll look into it. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines