• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't 'Save' or 'Save As' in After Effects

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can't 'Save' or 'Save As' in After Effects.

I've tried ctrl+s, ctrl+shift+s, and then nothing happens. In the Adobe After Effects Auto-Save, it isn't saving new versions of the file. When I save, it runs the function but doesn't actually do anything & won't create a new version of the file. The auto-saves are a day old now, since I haven't X'd out of the project, hence they're not updating there either.

I've tried purging all memory & disk cache & it didn't work. 

I don't want to X out of the project to uninstall AE & reinstall because I'll lose a day of work.

I've tried "save as copy" and it didn't do anything either.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

What version of After Effects are you on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of After Effects are you on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm on version 24.1.0 (Build 78)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. There was an issue a year or so ago with a missing Save option but if you're on 24.1, then that's not the issue. A couple of ideas are below but as AE is not giving you any error messages, I'm not confident there is a path out of this that saves your work.

Try going to the Creative Cloud Desktop app and see if you're still signed in. Just a thought that somehow AE thinks you're signed out. Don't sign out if you're not that, that could also cause AE to quit on you. 

You could also try a File -> Dependencies -> Collect Files... and see if AE can generate a new project for you.

If you do a Save As 23.* did that create anything for you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jenkmeister, 

I went & uninstalled AE, reinstalled, updated to version 24.2.1 (Build 2), & I've continued to have this issue not being able to save or save as. I keep losing days of work, would you have any suggestions? 

Also, other system specs are:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5975 32 core

256GB RAM

SSDS

2x NVIDIA 4090s

Drivers have been updated, windows has been updated

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe I found the solution to my issue, I have a composition that when I duplicate it, I am no longer able to save the file; it must have a bug in it, so I screenshotted the layers I needed, reopened the file, created a new composition from scratch, and rebuilt that particular comp, & now it saves just fine. Hope that helps lead anyone else in the right direction who has this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines