• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't See Mask Now In Layer Viewer

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with a layer mask in th viewer of that layer. I then used the Pen tool on that layer, but the mask now disappeared. It is still visible in the composition window, but not in the layer window anymore. How can I get it back?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

At the bottom of the Layer panel is a menu which allows you to choose what is being rendered and what is visible in the Layer panel. Click on this and make sure that "Masks" is selected.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 07.47.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a pin tool on a layer that includes a mask already that's means you are creating a new mask.

Try to spend a few time learning how to mask work in AE, check this useful tutorial https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/how-to-use-masks-in-after-effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, meant I used the Paint tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Layer panel is a menu which allows you to choose what is being rendered and what is visible in the Layer panel. Click on this and make sure that "Masks" is selected.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 07.47.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I'm having a similar issue as OP, except this menu being shown in this image is also not showing up. Do you know why that could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines