• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update to 23.0

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to update after effects to the newest version (23.0) it shows that it's not compatible with my PC. I than checked the minimum requirements for this version and it shows that it should be compatible. I have a GeForce GTX 2070 SUPER, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600x (6 cores), 32 GB ram and the newest windows 10. Also I have the latest studio driver from Nvidia (I also tried the game ready driver). And also I have 1 TB free space just for after effects.

In general it makes no sense to me because the older version are working perfectly and the updates where also working.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Finally it works. I have just updated to windows 11 and now it works. Thank you very much Mylenium 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide the relevant bits from the install log so we can check which of the pre-install tests is giving trouble:

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error... I just cant install it at all. 

Andreas25270727h1os_0-1666423102340.png

all updates are not compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry the account on top is also mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my first post - please provide the actual install logs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SKULLedits_0-1666424119892.png

There is no Adobe Download file in User/AppData/Local/Temp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's because I have done something to my OpenGL.dll file. Can this be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also shows please check the following: and then there is nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the PDApp log the CC app seems to be running in circles on itself and is unable to update its own components, causing newer versions of products to be flagged as incompatible. I would suggest you sign out of your CC, uninstall everything, clean out the relevant install, activation and log folders and download the CC App from your account's web page, then let it reinstall everything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok and what is with my plugins do I have to copy the folder and paste it? Or is there any easier way of reinstalling everything? And also do I just have to click uninstall for all Programms to deinstall everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The (un-)installer will not touch any of your third-party plug-ins, only Adobe native stuff. You may still need to reinstall some of them, though. Uninstall the programs from the CC app, then uninstall the app itself from your Programs & Features system control panel.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok and when I click on uninstall should I leave the support files folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't matter, but feel free to wipe everything.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deinstalled all the programms and reinstalled the creative cloud app but still every new version (no matter which programm) is not compatible 

SKULLedits_0-1666510035298.pngSKULLedits_1-1666510062820.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmh, that's really odd. What does the "Additional Info" (Weiterführende Inbformationen) Button say?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andreas25270727h1os_0-1666511196848.png

It shows this table with the minimum requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh but when i click on photoshop then it says that I have to upgrade windows

SKULLedits_0-1666511662399.png

I am using Windows 10 Pro

SKULLedits_1-1666511772568.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to boot into safe mode, remove the latest Windows Updates, reboot and see if this makes a difference. I suspect there is some unresolved driver conflict that makes things go belly up. To be on the safe side you may also want to remove the NVidia driver from the device manager and let Windows automatically install the latest certified version upon reboot.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So deinstall the nvidia driver and reinstall it in the device manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also upgrade to windows 11 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally it works. I have just updated to windows 11 and now it works. Thank you very much Mylenium 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's a solution, but perhaps the one really nobody should have to employ... 😐 I'm still baffled that you couldn't get it to work another way.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive just gone through all this. The instructions from Adobe need changing and the perhaps need to communicate with NVIDIA. Its dead easy  - dont use the instructions Adobe have suggested. I avoided them for potentially wrecking my pc. Taking a disk image of a 1TB laptop wasnt going to work for me either.

1. Download the latest NVIDIA Experience. The big green button beneath 'Automatic Driver Updates'https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/drivers/

2. Install the app as an Administrator - you might need to right click and do this
3. Register an NVIDIA account if you a havent already
4. Open the app and click on Drivers
5. At the top right of the screen next to CHECK FOR UPDATES you will see 3 little dots. Click on this and select 'Studio Drivers' This will then show a entire page promoting Adobe and its latest software. Including the updates you need. WoooHoo! Yes!
6. Click on update - no need to uninstall, or do all the complicated downloading etc... it will do it all for you! fantastic! Hope it helps! ADOBE PLEASE CHANGE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS  - Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines