Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you have an effect be "Render Only"

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community...

is there a way or an expression that can be applied to an effect so that it will be off while you're working, but is on when you render? For instance, I'm using the pixel blur effect, and it slows down my interactivity while I'm working, but would like it available in the renders. 

This is possible in any node in Nuke. And I think it has something to do with the opacity, because that's where you set the expression. It's very handy. Are there any "render only" flags in the expressions? 

best,

Fred

Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W 96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4 AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB
TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Performance , Preview , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that with an expression. The easiest thing to do is to turn off the effect in the Effects Control Panel or the Timeline, then turn it back on when rendering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning of an effect in AE equates disabling a node in Nuke. so there you have it. Not much more than that with the only real trick in Nuke being its render scripts and overrides, which AE does not offer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should really make this an option, it would be very helpful...

Example for me: I do music videos with hundreds of green screen shots comped together, I normally need to apply Denoiser III (red giant) and Key Cleaner to all shots which are CPU/GPU heavy effects that I don't need to view after setting up. It's a PITA to have to toggle all on in each comp, it would be great to have it render only.

DEVS PLS DO THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guys should make an item for this on https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects. I'll vote for it. Basically the opossite of a guide layer, only appears in render, not in preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines