• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Paste clips copied in Premiere Pro to After Effects

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to paste a clip that I copied in Premiere Pro into After Effects in the 2021 version. When I do this in the 2020 version, there is no trouble.

PremPro ver: 15.4.0 (Build 47)

AE ver: 18.4.0 (Build 41)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up:

• I tried pasting the same MXF video clip (with Lumetri colour) copied in PremPro into a blank PremPro project. That worked fine.
  • I then copied that clip, and tried pasting that into a blank AE project. That worked fine.
  • I then copied that clip into the AE project that I'm working in... and it pasted a completely different thing... It pasted an JPEG! It's an image used elsewhere in the project.

What the heck????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by copy and paste? Could you explain in more detail please. If this is what I think you are doing it would be a better idea for you to Import the clips or use the Dynamic Link to link clips between applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am selecting a clip in a Premiere sequence, I'm pressing Ctrl+C, then in After Effects I go to a composition and press Ctrl+V. Normally, that would place the clip and all its motion properties and effects in the composition. Right now, nothing is happening. 

In fact, when I go to the Edit menu in AE, Paste isn't even selectable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, just checking to see if I can provide any more information to help resovle this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The unfortunate solution I'm following, is downgrading back to 2020 until this issue is resolved.

Is there a better place to do a bug report?

Does anyone from Adobe read this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Really sorry for the issue.

The After Effects engineers are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. As a workaround, do not launch After Effects by double-clicking a project file. If you open Afte Effects by and clicking its icon and then open your project (File > open), the feature is working.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2023. Issue still there. smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines