• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

___Cannot Paste text into Ae, and when I type, I cannot adjust tabs, or paragraph returns... WTH?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot Paste text (from any software) into Ae, and when I type, I cannot adjust tabs, or paragraph returns... WTH? Is this simply beyond the capabilities of Ae?

How can I have nice text?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

copy & paste started working again - I don't know why - I didn't do anything 🙂

thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other critical details like language settings, fonts, apps used and so on we can't realyl tell you much. As a start reboot the system, check the relevant preferences in AE, the character panel and so on. Also consider deleting the prefs and reinstalling AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac/OS is Catalina 10.15.7. 

I don't think that the fonts or language (USA english) have anything to do with the issue.. and I don't see preferences (or interface/options) regarding tabs or paragraph spacing... is that because ther are none?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugh Betcha,

Sorry for your issue.

As suggested by Mylenium, try resetting the preferences of After Effects. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

copy & paste started working again - I don't know why - I didn't do anything 🙂

thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines