Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot play any type of video in Mac Mini M1

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I`m currently using a Mac Mini m1 16gb and After Effects simply cannot play ANY type of video file anymore! By any I mean even it`s own proxy format via Adobe Encoder. It caches into the memory and disk (green bar above the timeline) but it`s impossible to preview. 

I already:

-Reinstalled everything from Adobe

-Cleared Cache and Memory

-Moved the cache location 

-Tried older versions

-Currently using the Latest update from Apple`s O.S

Any help will be much apreciated! 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Well guys, I found the problem, apparently. Some color spaces caused this in my system. I cannot use any of them besides `none` -.-`  thanks for the help and sorry for taking your time! I hope my thread can help someone else having this problem 😞

I`ll append a screenshot to help to visualize 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the After Effects forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting AE preferences settings ? 

does that happen to any new project file ? new comp ? can you please share a screenshot ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Mohammad!

Yes It happens to any comp and any project. AE cannot playback video even in the layer tab when you double click the file in the Source panel. 

As you can see in the Screenshots, there`s nothing more than 1 clip and the new Render Time feature shows a huge amount of workload in the clip. I made a quick solid with blur and Saber plugin and It`s far lighter than a single clip!

And I also tried turning Hardware Acceleration on and off for Metal GPU but It doesn`t matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mkt5E66,

Does it happen only with the video files? Are you able to preview an animated Shape or a Solid layer? Also, does the preview update if you scrub the Timeline? 

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heeey thanks for your reply 🙂

Yes, it happens only with video files. I already tried the most common formats such as ProRES, H264, H265, DNxHD and DNxHR, PNG Sequences and TIFF Sequences, neither of them seems to work 😞

All the other effects and features works just fine, audio files also works, but I can`t preview any type of video.

The timeline does update, but It`s painfully slow to cache the video files. I think It`s taking about 15 minutes to cache a 1 min video! After It`s cached it runs fine, but you know, any modification will restart the cache process again... Even the A.E proxies does not work.

Ah btw, I`m using the internal Mac Mini SSD to store all my stuff, I don`t have an external drive. This begun to happen 2 updates ago in the version 22.1.1 😞 but even if I install a previous version the bug persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well guys, I found the problem, apparently. Some color spaces caused this in my system. I cannot use any of them besides `none` -.-`  thanks for the help and sorry for taking your time! I hope my thread can help someone else having this problem 😞

I`ll append a screenshot to help to visualize 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines