Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Cant click on any effects or presets

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started encountering a bug yesterday where my after will not allow me to click on any effects or presets in the effects and presets window. I am still able to add effects by right clicking my footage and choosing effect.

You can see in the screenshot that the create new animation preset button at the button is not appearing.

The only way I am able to fix this is to reset after effects multiple times. I dont even know where to being troubleshooting or what information to provide.

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your system's graphics driver and check your hardware acceleration settings in AE.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue persists after updating my drivers and switching my hardware acceleration settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: Im still encountering this after replacing the motherboard and cpu on my system. Any suggestions appreciated, I am happy to give more information.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines