• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant click on anything

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so basically when i click on stuff nothing happens, i click on pre compose and nothing happens, i click on save and it doesnt save and when i exit and save it doesnt save my project i cant click on open project i cant click on anything and i have no idea on what to do, hoping someone can help!! i am using mac m1 montery version 12.5 and im using after effects 2022 22.5

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by uninstallin g and reinstalling AE with sufficient user privileges. Apparently there's an issue on some Macs where user permissions get borked sometimes and then functions don't work because under the hood it can't even create a temp file like the Photoshop swap file. The PS forum is full of such issues. Other than trhat the usual hardware acceleration realted issues come to mind, so check your screen settings. A simple extended desktop can sometimes throw things off in the Adobe world due to the not very flexible UI libraries. Also trash the prefs so they are rebuilt with defaults.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did that and it still didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Big25426211zown,

Sorry to hear that.

Did you try resetting the preferences as suggested by Mylenium? If that doesn't help, please try providing full disk access to After Effects. Here's how: https://support.avast.com/en-in/article/allow-mac-full-disk-access/#pc

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i tried that and it still doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines