• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Bend It Erases Image

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out CC Bend It. When I apply it to a layer it automatically erases half of the image. I'm attempting to animate a still graphic of an elephants trunk (on a separate layer). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

The puppet pin tool (read about it in the help) would probably be ideal for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing unusual. CC Bend always affects the entire layer. You need to split out the trunk and adjust the start and end points accordingly or use otehr methods to begin with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!

What do you mean split out the trunk? Is there any other methods that could give me similar results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The puppet pin tool (read about it in the help) would probably be ideal for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Szalam! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively you could add this expression to the start and end points:

toComp(value)

When you add this you might notice the "anchor points" going outside the comp area so you just need to drag them again to whichever position you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was what I needed for my use case!! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree that Puppet Pin is also a good tool for this, you just need to reposition the points of the effect to suit your current needs. A lot of effects will have a default setting that doesn't necessarily do what you want; it's up to you to craft it to suit your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Bend It effect affects the layer to its bounderies, so when you reach the end of the box of the layer, the image can´t go futher. You fix this by simply PRE-COMPOSE that layer. This way you can bend your layer to the limits of the Composition. PLUS ULTRA! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I searched everywhere for this answer!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank a lot :') this is the BEST answer !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even easier, you could use the "Grow bounds" effect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add "Grow Bounds" effects to the related layer make it like 1000px.

Done. Great solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot this fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing solution! Worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust the start and end points at the corners in opposite fashion so that it entirely fills up the image then it works properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search "grow bound" on effects & presets then apply it on the working layer and increse the pixel size of  "grow bound". Hope it will fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try pre-compose the layer with [Move all attributes to a new composition] then apply the effect to the precomposition, it worked for me

Rawan28853451wca6_0-1679912672014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines