CC cylinder text wrap

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Im trying to make text wrap around a sphere and CC cylinder works well but I want it to cast a shadow on the sphere. If i switch the layer to 3D then the cyclinder effect doesnt work ie does not wrap around outside of sphere.  Is there another way? or a way to use cylinder on 3D layers?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use multiple layers and create the shadow manually. You'd simply have another invisible sphere with the shadow and the shadow would be treated with an effect like Bulge before wrapping it to the sphere and you'd use some feathering on the sides to simulate falloff as it wraps around.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks. I was thinking I might have to do something like that. Ill give a try.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines