Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Particle Systems II - keyframe not working

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I hope you're all doign great!

I having a very unfortunate issue while using CC Particle Systems II. I want the particles to change through time in the animation, so I of couse used keyframe and changed the parameters, but the transition in not happening.

Anyone has a clue (and solution) ?

This is driving me nuts 😞

thanks in advance for you help

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Straight to the point: Keyframing never yields a direct response on most particle systems. You have a misunderstanding there. In most cases you keyframed some base properties, but they are still evaluated over the life cycle of the particle and you need to take this into account. And some parameters such as color over life cannot be animated, anyway. Whatever you want to do at the very least will require a more sophisticated plug-in like Trapcode Particular or an entirely different approach, but without more specific info nobody can tell you much.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! thanks for the info, I indeed never used it.

Mainly I am trying to affect birth and death size and birthrate.

So there is the chance to set keyframes but it will not show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to animare and recreate this stlyle of firework illustration. So it needs to stay a bit rough, the reason why I thoung trapcode would't fit. But totally up for advices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see why Particular wouldn't/ shouldn't work here. You just need to spend time understanding its parameters just like with Particle Systems II.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general if you want to animate the particles you are using in a particle generator you need to use a pre–comp.

Animate your target particle layer.

Turn target layer into a pre–comp.

Select the now pre–comped layer and use that as the base for the particle.

It should animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines