• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Sphere Tool - Hard Edge Shadow

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to use the CC Sphere tool to mask a static .png. What I want seems very simple but I can't get it to work: I want the shadow that is automatic on the sphere to be completely hard edged. 

I have played with all the settings I see in the light/shadow settings and have maxed the Shadow Map Resultion in the Classic 3D Render setting options.

I would love help as soon as possible. If there is a better way to create this effect (the sphere shadow moving and making the .png blink) I'd be open to that too.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any such thing can easily be created with simple circles animated to give the illusion. Trying to even use CC Sphere only makes your life harder. Simply seems like you are merely looking for a "Which button must I press?" solution due to your lack of experience. Perhaps you should try and find a tutorial on how to draw a "crescent moon" or "sphere with shadow" e.g. inh Illustrator and apply the techniques found there after reading the AE online help on things like using track mattes, masks and shape layers for all sorts of mutula cookie-cutting and animated shapes. It realyl only boils down to that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines