• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Star burst "starting over"???

Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC Star Burst in a composition and for the most part, everything is going well. For some weird reason though, there are a few places in the timeline where the star burst effect suddenly looks like it "starts over". Don't know how else to describe it. All the stars were smoothly traveling out, and then they are suddenly all replaced with new stars in different places. See the excerpt below, between 4 and 5 seconds:

https://vimeo.com/563461317/b108249352

Really disjointed and distracting. It happens again at least once later in the comp as well. I looked at my timeline to see if I had some kind of keyframe there... nope. Nothing strange in Effect Controls that I could see. I will post specs etc, if necessary, but first just wondering if there might be a common newbie oversight here?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Thanks for your help! I cleared the cache... no change. Then I went to take your requested screenshots, and discovered something I missed: a single keyframe on Grid Size at the beginning of the timeline. I didn't intend to keyframe that at all, so I deleted it, and it appears to be working! Thanks again.

Not sure why this would happen though, because the initial grid size was 4, and the keyframe was 4, and then it never changed to anything else. But for whatever reason, the presence of the keyfr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really odd.  If you can post a screenshot of your comp with the effect selected and exposed in the timeline, there might be some clues.

My best guess right now is a cache issue.  Have you tried clearing your media cache and see if the issue persists?

You could also try:

• deleting the layer, adding a new layer and new star burst
  • Creating a new comp, new layer and new effect to see (which is more or less the same as above)
  • Copy the orginal effect to the new comp.

I've also noticed that CC Star Burst seemlessly loops (for me about every 2 seconds at speed: 1).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help! I cleared the cache... no change. Then I went to take your requested screenshots, and discovered something I missed: a single keyframe on Grid Size at the beginning of the timeline. I didn't intend to keyframe that at all, so I deleted it, and it appears to be working! Thanks again.

Not sure why this would happen though, because the initial grid size was 4, and the keyframe was 4, and then it never changed to anything else. But for whatever reason, the presence of the keyframe, even though the value never changed, was causing that interruption. ???? Not only that, but the offending single keyframe was at the beginning of the timeline, where no visible change occurred. The change didn't happen until several seconds later, where there was no keyframe. The same interruption happened once more down the timeline as well, where there was no keyframe. Deleting the one keyframe at the beginning  fixed it all. Not sure what the math is behind that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines