Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Objects Disappear in Cinema 4D

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I have 2 AI files imported into AE. I needed them as two separate layers to give each a different extrusion amount to create depth between the element in the foreground and background. I've "created shapes from vector layer", but when I click the "3D layer" button only one element from the foreground layer is visible. Any thoughts? I've attached what it currently looks like versus what the entire layer should be. I've tried everything I can think of.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a screen capture of your timeline with the modified properties revealed? Press UU with the layers selected. Also, it would be great to view the content of your shape layer. Probably some merge path operator could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dig into the shape layer and clean up your groups. this is no different than creating compound objects in AI - structure matters. It might be a good idea to read the online help or find a tutorial on this stuff instead of hoping it will magically work. In fact you may even need to splice out your work to multiple layers to get the look you want. also re-check your artwork in AI. Your pale yellow outline does not show any actual contour path, so you may need to expand the appearance first and clean things up in AI before moving on to AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines