• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain project not loading

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a certain project, it only loads up to a certain point. When i preview up to that point, the entire application freezes and I have to force quit everytime. I don't have this proboem with any of my other projects, just this one. I have already tried restarting my computer and that hasn't helped. I have macOS Big Sur and I'm using AE CC 2020.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info on the contents of the project we can't realyl tell you much. The usual steps apply: Check the integrity of any footage used in the project, flush the disk caches, open the project with capslock enabled, try to import it into an empty project. Anything more will require specific info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first thing to do is select all layers, press the 'u' key twice to reveal all modified properties on all layers, then check the time where the hangup begins and look for effects and settings that might cause problems with system resources. Start turning things off or resetting parameters. These kinds of problems are usually caused by effects that are resource hots like particle systems, motion blurs, shadow maps, or anything that taxes memory or GPU settings.

If you can't figure it out we need to see embedded screenshots showing the problem layers with the modified properties revealed. We also need workflow, source footage, OS, and system details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines