Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing colors in footage

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to After Effects and video editing in general but I was wondering what would be the best way to change the colors of an animation like the one in the image below. I don't have access to the source animation but I want to know if it's possible to, say change the blue areas to orange and the pink area's to a dark green, and how I would go about that.

I've played around with hue/saturation, channel mixer, lumetri color and keylight and I just can't seem to get it right, although this is probably down to my lack of skills!

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 16.10.32.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee, have a look at the Colorama effect - you might need to look up some tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also:

• Change Color and Replace Color too - which are good for specific bands. 
  • CC Toner can give you a bit more control compared to Hue/Saturation's colorise option.
  • You could potentially just make the image greyscale (there's presets for this or just drop Hue/Saturation's saturation all the way to 0), then add a new solid on top and use a transfer mode to change the color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines