• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animation twitching/spazzing out

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months I've been struggling with this problem and being forced to apply less than ideal solutions. A few sets of animation for my character keeps having this uncontrolable and random twitching. Tried purging memory and cache and later restarting the program to no avail. Tried cleaning the animation, avoiding "fractioned frames", reducing effects applied and all sorts of things, changing preview resolution scale, resinstalling, formating. nothing works. 

I have no ideas left. Please help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

I was having the same problem as you. I installed the old After Effects 2021 v18.4.6 and that fixed the problem.

Hope this helps someone !

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know anything without screenshots of your timeleine and info on what method you actually used to animate your stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animations were done by another person, I just got the editable and worked on it to adapt to other project by using it as a base. I believe the original animator used Duik Bassel to do this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tryied in another of these adaptations to replace all of those AI layers with shape layers to no effect :I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if DUIK is involved, it's probably their terrible code not working as advertised. That and of course the rig is incomplete to begin with, so individual parts just jitter around because they're not pinned. It probably would be more efficient to just start over with a clean rig.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem as you. I installed the old After Effects 2021 v18.4.6 and that fixed the problem.

Hope this helps someone !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I've tried some of the older versions and it isn't helping at all. Has anyone else found a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave up and adopted my usual adobe bug problem: work around it (cursing alongside it). Good luck, mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been struggling with uncontrollable twitching in my character's animations for months. Tried various solutions, but nothing works. Even Twitch followers have witnessed my frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines