• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character offset question

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a character switch animation using AE.

It looks like this: text anim 

I want to add some russian characters to this animation (example : A->F->Ж->Ъ->N) or I want to select specific unicode characters to switch between. Is that possible to do it?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's certainly possible, but not directly. Accessing alternate character sets in Unicode fonts usually requires some mucking around with string.fromCharCode() and similar in expressions, with the real caveat being that the offsets can literally cover almost the 50000 characters in an OpenType font, assuming they are there in the first place. This is hugely impractical so you may want to explore other methods liek simply using multiple layers and having them transition via some random characters, masking and opacity animators, even more so since it's not mandatory to have all character sets in a font and you may end up hitting a lot of blanks, which just looks naff during animation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines