• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Child object disappears when parented to puppet pin

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am attempting to make object 1 stay connected to object 2 when object 2 moves around via the puppet tool. Per a tutorial I found (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkLw7fQtFMk) I am parenting the position of object 1 to the puppet pin of object 2 using a pick whip on the position expression. I am following the tutorial exactly, but when object 1 becomes parented to object 2's puppet pin using the expression, object 1 suddenly disappears. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tutorial is garbage and simply assumes that all layer sizes match the comp size. and that's where the wheels fall off the cart. Puppet pin coordinates - like any effects coordinates - are relative to the layer, not the composition. Discrepancies in layer sizes will inevitably result in stuff appearing at the wrong coordinates. You will have to use slightly more complicated stuff involving layer space transforms like toComp() or manually compensate for the offsets by adding and subtracting them. I suggest you actualyl read the online help instead of relying on shoddy cash-grab YouTube tutorials where the creator barely seems to understand things himself.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines