• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choose which pixels affect content-aware fill? Temporarily crop footage?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm honestly not even sure if this is the right question to ask, as I'm pretty new to After Effects, but know this is something you can do in Photoshop. I'm working with some uncropped super 8 footage and would like to remove this piece of dust that was at the bottom of the frame in my camera while recording. I'm having trouble as the content-aware fill tool is being influenced by the black border surrounding the frame. Is there any way to temporarily crop the footage or choose which are of the frame the content-aware fill tool references?

Attatched is a screenshot of a frame from the clip showing the dust I'm trying to remove.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what pre-composing is for. You may want to read the online help on some basics:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/precomposing-nesting-pre-rendering.html

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines