• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinematic Movie Logo Animation

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open this link Reference. I just want to create something like the video, but I don't know where to start and what to study.

So assist me, and recommend me some tutorials and basic ideas so I can make something similar.

I will wait for a positive response from you all.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just a ton of stock footage clips lumped together. Some of them are smoke, others are powder cannon/ powder explosion footage and the blue one at the start seems to be a fluid simulation in a 3D program. Really not much to do with AE at all beyond timing and colorizing the clips and adding the logo.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not invested in 3rd party effects from companies like Video Copilot, Maxon, Boris FX, or AE scripts, you should start by looking at the User Guide. You'll get the basics of the UI and some of the effects that come with AE.

Video Copilot has quite a few amazing free plug-ins like Saber and Sphere that can save you a lot of time. The particle effects that come with AE, like CC Particle World, can be improved upon by adding glows and other effects. You can't get fluid effects unless you invest in 3rd party plug-ins.

You can get Blender (http://blender.org) for free. It's an amazing open-source 3D app with incredible simulation tools for fabrics and fluids built in, but it takes a fair amount of time to learn the UI and the principles required to pull off certain effects. 

Another great resource for smoke and fluid effects is stock footage libraries. There are a few low-cost or even free resources for those kinds of effects but most of them do not allow you to use the stock footage for commercial purposes unless you pay a license fee.

Be careful when searching the net for AE tutorials. Most of the ones you find have been prepared by enthusiasts, and the workflows and explanations are often not very good. I spend a lot of time on the forum helping people with problems they are having with inadequately explained AE recipes posted on YouTube. 

If we knew your experience level or what you have tried, maybe we could point you to a specific tutorial. Your sample video starts off with multiple copies of the same smoke footage colorized, maybe some particle effects, then more smoke and explosion footage, and then a graphic layer shattered in a 3D app or with a particle effect like Trapcode Particular. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick Gerard @Mylenium you both guide me perfectly and almost both of you pointed out the same thing I am extremely happy that you showed me some path with some good ideas, I will jump into it and revert to you soon with something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need tons of 3rd party templates and plugins to make such effects, and ofcourse more PC resource to render in less time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Fasih K. thanks for your response, you are right. I am on Blender and I am a MAC user but for these effects and 3D modelling and animation I ordered the latest PC with an AMD graphic card, let's see what that PC can really do for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines