Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cineware and camera rig

Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

every now and then I look into Cineware and check for improvements. It's a great frustration to see I can't get an AE camera rig to work in Cinema 4d.

I create a composition and a camera and a 3d solid. I put keyframes in the camera point of interest, position, orientation and rotation. Export using Maxon Cineware 3d exporter from the file menu. Import that file in AE again, put it in the composition and set the cineware camera to 'Centered comp camera'. This way everything works perfectly I have the cinema 4d scene working in after effect. Same camera movement! And if I open the cinema 4d file I created with Cinema 4d, everything is perfect! All good.

Start of animation in Cineware:

Capture.PNG

End of animation with Cineware:

Capture1.PNG

End of animation in Cinema 4D

Capture2.PNG

Here's the problem:

if I create a scene in AE with a camera linked to a 3d NULL object, something goes wrong. Everything in AE works fine but if I open the cinema 4d file with Cinema 4d the camera goes nuts.

Start in cineware:

10Capture.PNG

End in Cineware

11Capture.PNG

End in Cinema 4d:

13Capture.PNG

It happens both with 'orient towards point of interest' and 'off' in AE auto-orientation settings.

Is it what normally happens or is it something wrong with my software/workflow/settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Hi Zulkifar,

I did hear back from engineering. Here's the response, "It’s a known issue and one of our highest priority bugs to fix. When animating the same property or dimension on a parent/child, the child’s transforms are ignored when exporting to Cinema 4D."

Sorry for the frustration. Feel free to file this bug here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up.

Is it happening just to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zulkifar,

Did you solve this issue yet? We've had an update since this post was written, have you had better success with that? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zulkifar,

I did hear back from engineering. Here's the response, "It’s a known issue and one of our highest priority bugs to fix. When animating the same property or dimension on a parent/child, the child’s transforms are ignored when exporting to Cinema 4D."

Sorry for the frustration. Feel free to file this bug here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I really appreciate your reply.

I'll be waiting for the bug to be fixed.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Sorry for the annoying bug.

Take care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I seem to be experiencing this same issue, was this bug ever resolved? Using a simple camera rig and AE with a Cineware scene seems unusable

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi this is happenign to me as well. Has this issue been resolved by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines