Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cineware set layers not working properly in AE

Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to do Lesson 4 in After Effects and Cinema 4D Lite.  The lesson involves compositing, layers and setting layers in Cineware.  I have a pawn object, a pawn object instance and a shadow catcher in Cinema 4D Lite.  I think I have them set up correctly in Cinema 4D Lite.  I have the pawn on one layer and the pawn instance and the shadow catcher on another layer.  I have set the pawn instance to not show by putting a Render tag on it that unchecks "Seen by Camera."  

In After Effects, I have Set Layers for pawn, shadow and Items Not on Layers.  By leaving Items Not on Layers checked all the time and unchecking the Shadow layer, I can see just the pawn, but if I uncheck the Pawn layer, I can't see just the shadow -- pawn is always there with it.  Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Zafferpawn_1.jpgPawn_2.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

I figured it out.  The Render mode in Cineware has to be set to "Current," not "Viewport" for this to work.

Zaffer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out.  The Render mode in Cineware has to be set to "Current," not "Viewport" for this to work.

Zaffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines