Exit

Clean up keyed footage with a garbage matte

Guide ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/how-to/create-video-visual-effects.html

(4) Clean up keyed footage with a garbage matte

See this footage at time 00:40. Author says it is “very hard to see”. If it is very hard to see what is the point of repairing it?. Why do we have to bother of totally eliminating it.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Fixing something hard to see is the mark of a professional. If I had been doing the tutorial, I would have said, "There is some noise in this area that needs to be cleaned up." Sometimes I end up with a dozen layers on a greenscreen composite to fix all of the problems that are worth fixing. Very few don't require anything other than applying Keylight.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing something hard to see is the mark of a professional. If I had been doing the tutorial, I would have said, "There is some noise in this area that needs to be cleaned up." Sometimes I end up with a dozen layers on a greenscreen composite to fix all of the problems that are worth fixing. Very few don't require anything other than applying Keylight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines