• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click lag (click and release delay ) in After Effects 23.1.0 build 83

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you click on a layer and drag it to the right for example and you release the click and move your mouse to somehwere else to find that the layer has been moved along with your mouse movemnet before it releases .

This issue comes and goes on every new update of after effects and its annoying as hell.

This basically makes after effects not possible to work with .

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information that isn't particularly useful, I'm afraid. It's definitely not a common issue or else the forum would be full of complaints, so by all means try to provide soem precise details about your system, including any specialized input device settings if applicable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right , 

I am using Wacom Inous Pro , and the reason I didnt mention it because the same is happening with the mouse .

I use windows 11 top notch machine

Thredipper Pro 32 cors and 128 ECC DDR 4 RAM

Super fast NVME 4tb hard drive connected throw PCIe.

Asus Nvidia RTX 3090

I attached also a screen recording of the behaviour .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another complaint then.
Same thing happens on my 12700K, 3060Ti, 80GB RAM rig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your Wacom drivers and updated them? That aside of course the usual: Check your hardware acceleration settings in AE, configure the graphics driver suitably. Also on Win 11 it may be necessary to dig into the system's tablet settings and enable legacy mode to improve behavior.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info,

if you notices me mentionung that the same behaviour happenes with the mouse , so its not tablet related issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue, started with the latest update 23.1.0 build 83

also "M" hotkey for revealing mask lags. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party addons or extension installed?  If so, disable those as a troublehsooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude!!! I just figure it out, it's been bothering me for months... 

Your project (like mine) is probably too big and you have a lot of comps..... and they are all open. (tabs)

close all of them (CTRL +ALT +W) and then keep doing this from time to time to leave a maximum of 10 comps opened on tabs at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it works every time yet, but I'll start doing this from now on

Thankss!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug with the 23.1.0 .... I switched back to 23.0 and it's working fine now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's always about finding that sweet spot version that has just the right type of bugs that won't get to you as much, yet the right amount of much needed performance and workflow updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines