• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp hit and miss

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm desperatly looking for help!!

Here is how the original video looks like

Original Video.png

This is how it looks when Clone Stamp Tool works

Stamp working.png

Here is the problem!! Clone Stamp shows the trace but nothing elseStamp Not Working.png

This is how it looks like in the main comp when Clone Stamp is showing just only the trace

Main Comp.png

Here are my settings

Stamp Settings.pngTime Line Settings.png

I've tried things like duplicate clones that have worked previously, I have used different brush settings, played with opacity, updated the software, restarted the laptop, but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong? as to why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't????

I would appreciate it if someone can help me please!

Thanks 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Just for fun, while some shots are rendering, I downloaded some stock footage from Adobe stock, tracked the footage, and replaced the tires with shape layers and a glow. Here is the result of about 20 minutes of work.

RickGerard_0-1662585159605.gif

If you want to see what I did, I have uploaded the project file, and here's a link to the stock footage: Pro Rider

I only spent a few minutes finalizing the tracks for the Front and Rear wheel in After Effects, so the Perspective was not perfect, but a few keyframes fixed that a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your settings show an almost complete tire at 0:03:11 and a time offset of -2 frames for Clone 76. when you expanded the Clone 76 properties at 0:0320, the time offset had no keyframes, so the source is not moving. The clone source is 1122.2, 891.8, so I assume you are using the back wheel as the source. It makes sense because the comp is 1920 X 1080, so that would be about where the rear wheel is, and there appear to be no other pixels in the frame.

The bike's back wheel appears to be moving up and down because the distance between the horizontal guide and the top of the rear wheel changes from screenshot to screenshot.

The problem you are having is that the source location is not animated to follow the movement of the rear wheel.

I'm not sure where the transparency came from, but it looks like it is part of the footage. 

A better workflow would be to stop all motion of the bike (motion stabilize - EZ in Mocha AE), do the clone work on an image that does not move, then put the movement back in the shot. The only other option would be to try and manually keyframe the source position. 

I am not sure what your design goal is or what the original footage looked like, but if you could share a few frames of the original video, I might be able to give you some more beneficial suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.
The transparencies on the motorbike come from objects over the bike like grass and trees. The design goal is to change the rider's background.
Im attaching a rough cut video to get an idea. The final part is the original footage; you will easily recognize it.

https://youtu.be/_l7T8IG40JY 

Thank you very much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expanding upon Rick's ideas it may in fact be simpler to reconstruct the wheel from alternate shots and photos, if you have some. Your footage looks extremely low-res and fuzzy and fixing this intra-shot will be a nightmare even iof you get the clone tool to behave.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reply. Any ideas why the clone tool is not working? Why does it show the trace only?

I have done 70+ clones previously on this comp, not problem at all, but this one doesn't want to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clone is not working because the source position is not animated and the source does not stay lined up with the back wheel. With all of the movement in the footage, you will have to use very short clone tracks or do a lot of keyframing to get the clone source to always be under the wheel. 

If this were my project, look for 30 to 60 frames where the tires were good, trim out those frames on a duplicate layer, then duplicate that layer for the front and back tire and roto the tires. The roto would be easy if you Stabilize the front and back wheel using Mocha AE. Then you would have two shots you could loop, one for the front tire and one for the rear.

You could then motion track the whole shot using Mocha AE, one track for translation (position) and rotation for the front wheel, another for the rear wheel. Then you could apply the track to the good wheels loops you made and be done with the shot in a few minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Although I haven't used the back tired as a clone, I will try and give a go to your advice.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for fun, while some shots are rendering, I downloaded some stock footage from Adobe stock, tracked the footage, and replaced the tires with shape layers and a glow. Here is the result of about 20 minutes of work.

RickGerard_0-1662585159605.gif

If you want to see what I did, I have uploaded the project file, and here's a link to the stock footage: Pro Rider

I only spent a few minutes finalizing the tracks for the Front and Rear wheel in After Effects, so the Perspective was not perfect, but a few keyframes fixed that and the track mattes for the motorcycle.  

I took a closer look at the footage sample you provided, and there were jumps in the cycle's position that would make that shot incredibly difficult to track accurately. If you started with some better footage, you could eliminate the necessity of using the Clone tool and get a much better job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my God, you went above and beyond!! This has been so instructive and very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to solve it and share it. I do really appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines