• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp motion tracking with Mocha Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the novice post about something I hope is easy but I just cant figure it out despite a lot of research. 

I have been working on one video layer.

I have created a good motion track using mocha pro and have good track data.

I have created a series of gone clone stamps on that layer.

I know all the basics of tracking with mocha pro to a null layer that has the tracking data exported to it. I have tried to track other objects with this data and it works perfectly. 

My problem is I dont know how to pickwhip the clone stamp paint layers to the tracking data in a way that actually works. All the pickwips I have tried doesnt work and I have copy and pasted position data of the track into the clone stamp position and that doesnt work either.

I suspect I may have to create a new layer with just the clone stamp pain but I am not sure how to do that or even if that is the key. Any help appreciated thanks so much. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you need to account for both the clone source position and the actual brush position, not just one of them. You can't just link one of them and hope it will work. Some screenshots might clarify what you are actually trying to do and more importantly, what you have actually tracked.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Mylenium. The info you provided sounds a bit complex to me. I was hoping the clone stamp tool just provided a pixelated layer that I could then link to track data but source position and brush position sound like maybe its more complex. Here is a screen shot of my footage and track. The track data is correct and functioning perfectly.

I am clone stamping the eyes closed and then trying to attach those stamps to my tracking data, is that not the right way to think about it?

nicholasi43491020_1-1674321533503.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clone stamps

nicholasi43491020_0-1674321877591.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really just want the eyes closed, you don't really need cloning. Instead duplicate the whole layer, mask it out with e.g. some feathered circles, adjust the anchor point and paste the tracking data into the position. Use time-remapping/ the freeze frame function to pick a frame with closed eyes or a short sequence to make it look more natural. Repeat as often as needed throughout the clip.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Thanks Mylenium I appreciate the info. I'm closing the minotaur eye so if I understand you correctly I would clone stamp the eye closed then duplicate the layer. Then mask out the clone stamp eyelid I created then attach that layer to the tracking data. That seems to make sense to me. Thank you. I need to use the clone stamp tool because I am creating an artifical eyelid of the minotaur. Just to confirm is there any way I can attach the clone stamps to the track data without masking? Will help me save time if I don't have to mask, like attaching the clone stamps to another layer directly or just giving the stamps tracking data? Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that however you want, but I think you are overthinking this. Create you custom eyes in a pre-comp and don't worry about the rest, use that pre-comp as the overlay/ replacement layer with the tracking data, mask it with a simple Zorro mask with a feathered edge to blend in.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks Mylenium Ill give it a shot. I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines