Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collapse transformation height and width

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.
How can i get the width and height from a precomp with collapse transformation activated? sourcerectattime only show the width and height from full composition.
PD: my english is not so good. 

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are asking. The properties as such don't change and the comp dimensions are the same with and without CR/ CT. If you need to retrieve info from within such a setup, then other methods are required, but you realyl have to provide an explanation of what you are actually trying to do.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time, I hope my explanation is clear.duda.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help to think of Collapse Transformations like this:

Imagine you have a Tardis, that's much bigger on the inside (that's your precomp).  When Collapse Transformations is on, it effectively opening the door to the Tardis.  From the outside, all the dimensions are the same, even though you can see it is much bigger.

You'd like to know the bigger dimensions but AE is only able to tell you the door's size.  What you can do though is move the precomp's timeline out from the same panel so you can see both timelines, then use the pickwhip to pass details from the precomp to the main comp for you to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not sure what you are asking. You can simply multiply the values with the scale to obtain the correct values. If there is anything more going on, you need to tell us.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem he is facing here is that by setting collapse transformation for comp A in the comp B, he actually sees "reduced boundary" of that A inside B (because empty areas are dismissed in GUI). 

However, sourceRect still returns default comp A size while author expects it should be "only bounding of assets".

It seems that the best way would be picking comps A left element left top edge (white triangle corner), as well as paragraph of text itself, and calculating it this way all together (keeping in mind scaling must be taken into account as well). In other words - no easy way to achieve.

Most likely author wants to have this information to re-position multiple paragraphs with identical gap in-between, while paragraph heights changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines