• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collapse transformations + 3d layer = blurry line.

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have issue, when I try rotate shape layer and enable 3d layer switch, my line becomes blurry, also I try use ai file and get same result (enable collapse transformations + 3d layer = blurry line), don't know how to fix this problem. Fun fact if I use ai file (with 100% scale) and enable only collapse transformations or 3d layer switch, no problem, but if turn on both, agai blurry line. I have latest After Effects 2021(18.0.1).

TOPICS
How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Tried to create the same shapes and I've got the same result as yours, it's very subtle and I don't think the viewers will notice that unless it's used as a still picture, but yes there is a blurry edge for the 3d layer. It looks like a limitation in the Classic 3D render engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a camera in the comp? Is the depth of field enabled? 

Have you tried a 1-pixel stroke viewed at 800%? There is a slight difference in antialiasing when you change to a 3D layer, and scaling up the layer even 1000% will only show a slight aliasing difference, but it would be completely different if continuous rasterization is turned off. By the way, you cannot turn Continuous rasterization off with shape layers or text layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition without camera. I think problem not in stoke, problem with edges. Here I created example, left square without 3d, right with 3d. Also I tried AE 2020 version, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, better screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to create the same shapes and I've got the same result as yours, it's very subtle and I don't think the viewers will notice that unless it's used as a still picture, but yes there is a blurry edge for the 3d layer. It looks like a limitation in the Classic 3D render engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried Cinema 4D engine and blur gone, definitely restriction in Classic 3D engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines