• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collecting Files is resulting a corrupted new file with no footage ready to dispatch.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm facing a problem whenever I try to collect files for whatever project. Everything seems to work perfectcly untill I check the resulting newly created folder with the files inside.

Usually the (footage) folder is empty and the new AE created file is corrupted for unknown reasons.
I tried to use older versions, to turn the whole adobe suite back in time but nothing seemed to work and the reult is always a crashing software, or corrupted files.

Please note that I'm using AE on an iMac i9 2020, in a corporate environement (for a big agency), where all my colleagues are facing the same problem as I am. Please find attached the error codes we get everytime.

Can you please help?

Deepest gratitude.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charbel257032614ta6,

Sorry for your issue.

Are you and your colleagues collecting from/to a server location? If so, could you try collecting files from a local location to a local location in order to understand if it's the After Effects or the storage that's causing the problem? It could be a permission issue as well so you can try collecting files from a new user account for testing.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu,

Thank you for your reply.
The problem is still there no matter the source/destination of the project. We've never had a problem with collecting files till recently. do you think it's something else that's causing the problem?

Best,
Charbel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you and your colleagues are having the same issue, my first thought is to change the location of the project and media files. As you've tried that already, the next thing I'd check is the user account permissions. The easy way to do it is to create a new admin account or enable the root user account to see if After Effects works better in it. Sometimes the user accounts are set up or modified in a way that they don't let After Effects access all files and folders that it needs to function properly.

Let us know if using a different user account helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally agree with Nishu, if your colleagues have the same issue, so it's a file location issue, try to check with your IT maybe they add some layer of protection and you don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines