Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color cast with Prores in CC 2022

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a strange issue since I updated to Macos Monterey (12.1) and the latest version of Adobe CC 2022. I use a Macbook Pro 14.

When I import Prores files (tested with 444 and 444XQ), they show a strange color cast, shift towards green-cyan. They also show artifacts, banding,... When I apply the same LUT to a DNXHR file (444 12bit), the image is clean. I have the same result in Premiere.

When I import both Prores and DNXHR files in Resolve and apply the same LUT, both are clean.

There's seems to be an issue with Prores import in CC 2022. Is it related to M1 architecture? I tried my Premiere CC in both M1 and Intel version (with Rosetta), same result.

Thank you for your help, all the best,

Olivier

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone from Adobe please contact me about this issue. I've been using Adobe software for years but if this can't be fixed, I'll have to move to other software unfortunately. 

To me it feels like color management is doing something wrong even when I turn everything off (or to Rec709 when there's no other option).

I'm currently working on the grading of a feature and this really makes everything very difficult.

Thank you, all the best,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it on another machine on CC2020 (latest High Sierra) with older monitor (non P3), it's clean. 

I also tried to change the Quicktime metadata but it doesn't change anything. Beyond the color issue, there are very big artifacts and banding.

Something is wrong with Prores import on newer 2022 releases. Could please someone from Adobe contact me.

Thank you, all the best,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find some solution? Prores export is completely wrong for me.
I'm not dealing with LUTs, color spaces nor visualization errors, just raw data from file.
Exporting to Prores 444 and reimport it on AE shows a wide color shifting.
Monterey-AE2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

It seems there is an issue with Prores with Apple M1/M1pro/M1max. It seems hardware decode is broken, only working in 8bit. You can try to uncheck hardware decode and encode in Premiere preferences but I am not sure it works perfectly. The solution I found to work well is using Autokroma Influx plugin which bypass the Adobe decoders.

Adobe never answered my requests... I'm very angry to say the least as we all need Prores to work as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines