Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color grade brought into 3D comp not working right

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I edited an entire scene in 3D space in After Effects of the US map and inside each state is a clip from that state. After I was done I took all the clips into premiere and color graded them and was hoping to bring the adjustment layer into the after effects comp and apply the lumetri color from each clip back to the same clip in after effects. I know it would have been better to grade before animating and everything but now these clips are much warmer and over exposed in this one 3D comp but a comp I have right next to it is just fine so I guess it has something to do with the 3D comp. Anyone have this happen before? Is the only fix to export the color graded clips from premiere and re animate them all? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's lots of things that could disrupt the color settings of your footage, but my guess is the colorspace is being interpreted differently in Premiere to AE.  

Personally, I'd just export the graded footage from Premiere, making sure the new graded files are exactly the same duration and resolution of the original footage files.  Then simply replace the old files in AE with the new files and you shoudn't need to re-animate anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Andrew already pointed out, without actual info about the comp structure we can't really tell you much. Screenshots of the whole setup and timeline would certainly help as would details about your computer, render settings and what have you. Since you talk of a 3D comp the first thing to look for would have to be whether a light is doing something weird and then of course the syecond stop would be hardware acceleration. Exhausting resources on that front or something not working could easily explain the differences as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines